• Sponsored Post

Celebrating “Inchstones” in SMA

A mother’s perspective: How our family measures progress since treatment

You couldn’t picture a happier or more beautiful little boy than the one who came into our lives on January 4, 2019. Little did we know, this bundle of joy we named Slade was just starting a journey that was going to change our family’s life.

About 2 weeks after Slade was born we started to notice that he appeared to be a bit floppy. Our pediatrician chalked it up to him being a calm baby and told us he’d eventually grow out of it. With my husband being a chiropractor and my background in early childhood development, we knew something was wrong–we could just feel it.

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Alyssa Silva.

• Author
        Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

I know this topic is heavily discussed across these forums, but I wanted to share my latest column with you in case you missed it.

Titled Please Stop Glorifying Being Homebound, I write about how I often receive comments from people who think hibernating in the winter months is “glamorous.” Cozy blankets, Netflix for days, staying in your pajamas all day— yeah, I can see how people might assume that.

But, in reality, being homebound can feel isolating and depressing. And I discuss all of that in my latest column.

Can you relate?

Halsey Blocher
        Participant

I can’t remember I time at the moment where someone glorified it, but it definitely not glorious. It’s nice for a day or two, but much longer and I started to feel starved for the outside world.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

I can totally relate. Every year I go a little stir crazy around this time. Even if I do get out I’m paranoid about all the germs. People do tend to have that ‘must be nice” mentality. When people find out I work from home I really get that reaction. Yes, I am fortunate I can work from home, but it presents its own challenges. This year I’m really trying to be happy with where I’m at, and not letting peoples opinions bother me.

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

Halsey, “starved”  is the perfect word to describe how I feel right now! And DeAnn, I sometimes get those same reactions regarding working from home, so I feel ya. Definitely something I need to work on as well.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.