SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Crossing Items Off My Bucket List: My New Tattoo

• Crossing Items Off My Bucket List: My New Tattoo

Posted by brianna-albers on April 9, 2019 at 11:00 am

Happy Tuesday! If you follow me on social media, you probably know that I recently got my tattoo! I was hoping the salon would get a ramp installed, but it was looking more and more like they weren’t going to, so I decided to use my portable ramp to get inside. It was a little difficult, but I managed!

I was expecting it to hurt more than it actually did, probably because I was equating it with getting blood work. There were a few moments where I was uncomfortable, but overall I didn’t mind the sensation. The artist said I handled it like a champ. And I love how it turned out! I panicked a little when I woke up this morning and saw that my skin was peeling, but apparently, that’s normal. I can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s fully healed!

I wrote a column about the experience if you want to read it! You can find it here.

deann-r replied 5 years ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ryan-berhar

April 9, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Really happy you finally got this done!

• halsey-blocher

April 9, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Yeah, they always peel after a few days. Just don’t pick at it. There’s also scar/tattoo creams you can get that might help it heal faster/better. Glad you’re enjoying it!

• brianna-albers

April 11, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Halsey! It’s actually not that itchy – I haven’t really felt tempted to pick at it. But maybe that’s because I have allergies? I’m pretty much always itchy 😂

• deann-r

April 14, 2019 at 8:40 pm

So glad it finally worked out! Most people you meet will never know the struggle you went through to get it, but by sharing your story we all know that it’s not just a tattoo. It’s an accomplishment. Congratulations! Looks fabulous by the way.