This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 3 months ago by Kevin Schaefer.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

In this episode of Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life with SMA, I unbox a new Amazon Fire Cube (https://www.amazon.com/Hands-Free-Alexa-Ultra-Streaming-Player-x/dp/B01NBTFNVA), and demonstrate how I use this device to stream TV shows and podcasts. Technologies like this allow me to be more independent, and there are new ones being developed everyday.

It’s a pretty simple device to use, and I go through each step for how to connect it to a TV and stream things on Netflix and Spotify. I hope you all find this information helpful, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel. for more videos like this, and connect with me right here in our forums. Have a great day everyone!

Kelly Miller
      Participant

Deann, I sure do wish I had seen this before! My husband spent a tremendous amount of time trying to figure out how to get our regular Alexa echo to change the channels and pull up the fire stick with my voice. The 1st triumph was the TV channels, but he just wasn’t able to get it to allow me to pull up a particular app on there by voice command. I’m debating whether or not to tell him about this because I know he’s going to rush out and buy the cube. Of course that would be great, but he spent so much time on the echo that I just feel like I should use it!

Thanks for the video and have fun watching TV.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I really tried to get this video out before the holidays, but it just didn’t happen.  Never hurts to have both!  I like using the Cube strictly for TV and the Echo for all the other stuff.  Some apps are difficult to navigate by voice, but combined with the Fire TV app on my phone it works pretty well.  Probably Netflix, Hulu and Prime are the easiest along with a few others.

Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Great video DeAnn! I’ve been looking for a device like this.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.