SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Dose of DeAnn Episode 27: Using an Amazon Fire Cube

• kelly-miller

January 22, 2019 at 4:28 pm

Deann, I sure do wish I had seen this before! My husband spent a tremendous amount of time trying to figure out how to get our regular Alexa echo to change the channels and pull up the fire stick with my voice. The 1st triumph was the TV channels, but he just wasn’t able to get it to allow me to pull up a particular app on there by voice command. I’m debating whether or not to tell him about this because I know he’s going to rush out and buy the cube. Of course that would be great, but he spent so much time on the echo that I just feel like I should use it!

Thanks for the video and have fun watching TV.

• deann-r

January 23, 2019 at 10:07 am

I really tried to get this video out before the holidays, but it just didn’t happen.  Never hurts to have both!  I like using the Cube strictly for TV and the Echo for all the other stuff.  Some apps are difficult to navigate by voice, but combined with the Fire TV app on my phone it works pretty well.  Probably Netflix, Hulu and Prime are the easiest along with a few others.

• kevin-schaefer

January 23, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Great video DeAnn! I’ve been looking for a device like this.