This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Brianna Albers.

• Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

I’m finally getting a new wheelchair! I’ve needed one for years, as I’ve had my current one since 2012, so I’m pretty excited. I’m going with a Permobil, and am hoping to get the automated recline so I can shift in my seat without assistance.

My question is, do y’all know of a way I could control my chair — seat elevator, tilt-and-space, power legs, etc — from my phone or my computer?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I’m not 100% positive, but Permobile has a Bluetooth feature if you’ve requested it, so I’m thinking it has that capability.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I’m not too sure, but to confirm what DeAnn is saying, I have a Permobile and it does have Bluetooth. There must be a way.

Dennis Turner
      Participant

From what i have been able to figure out, the bluetooth allows you to manipulate your phone, tablet, computer. You can set your joystick up as a mouse, but i find nothing that enables you to adjust your chair.
      Mind you i am only looking at online documentation. My chair was new in 2016 and did not have bluetooth capabilities. I did get a new joystick in December that thinks it has bluetooth, but the techs did not upgrade the rest of the system to include that capability.
      What i really wish i had is a ssimple usb carge port for my phone. There should have been a simple way to share that huge battery my chair has with my devices.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Dennis, I’m getting a USB port on my new chair, so on your next chair be sure to request it!

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Also Dennis, have you checked into the charger devices that plug into your charging port? Not sure how they work but it might be an option for you.

Dennis Turner
      Participant

Thanks DeAnn!

Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

My current chair has Bluetooth capability, which I love, but as far as I know, I can’t control the chair from a device. My ATP is looking into it – I’ll keep y’all updated!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.