SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Getting A New Wheelchair

• deann-r

August 28, 2020 at 8:27 am

I’m not 100% positive, but Permobile has a Bluetooth feature if you’ve requested it, so I’m thinking it has that capability.

• alyssa-silva

August 28, 2020 at 9:30 am

Iā€™m not too sure, but to confirm what DeAnn is saying, I have a Permobile and it does have Bluetooth. There must be a way.

• dennis-turner

August 28, 2020 at 10:54 am

From what i have been able to figure out, the bluetooth allows you to manipulate your phone, tablet, computer. You can set your joystick up as a mouse, but i find nothing that enables you to adjust your chair.
    Mind you i am only looking at online documentation. My chair was new in 2016 and did not have bluetooth capabilities. I did get a new joystick in December that thinks it has bluetooth, but the techs did not upgrade the rest of the system to include that capability.
    What i really wish i had is a ssimple usb carge port for my phone. There should have been a simple way to share that huge battery my chair has with my devices.

• deann-r

August 28, 2020 at 11:07 am

Dennis, I’m getting a USB port on my new chair, so on your next chair be sure to request it!

• deann-r

August 28, 2020 at 11:10 am

Also Dennis, have you checked into the charger devices that plug into your charging port? Not sure how they work but it might be an option for you.

• dennis-turner

September 1, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Thanks DeAnn!

• brianna-albers

September 4, 2020 at 1:47 pm

My current chair has Bluetooth capability, which I love, but as far as I know, I can’t control the chair from a device. My ATP is looking into it – I’ll keep y’all updated!