This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by DeAnn R.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

As vaccinations roll out throughout the country it can be disheartening when you’re not among the eligible recipients. Yet again it seems like there’s a whole sector of the population being overlooked. Unfortunately I don’t know how to change this, however I did figure out how to work within the limited scope to get my vaccine. In this video I talk about why I got vaccinated as well as how I qualified to get one and what it was like.

When you can’t change the process sometimes you have to look for loopholes, and that’s just what I did. Have you been able to get a vaccine yet? From our previous conversations I know many of you were still waiting. I’m hoping that’s changing.

Dennis Turner
      Participant

Got my first dose! The hospital contacted me and told me to come get it!

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

That’s great Dennis! Good luck with number 2!

Kelly Miller
      Participant

Florida just opened up for those with all pre-existing conditions, and Mayo, where my doctors are, started giving the vaccine. I got an appt for March 5th, receiving the first dose of the Pfizer brand shot. It went off without a hitch, and the only side-effect I experienced was a sore spot on my arm for several days. I’m due back for the 2nd dose after 21 days, and I have an appt for March 31st. I found that this all was less problematic than with the flu vaccine I get every year.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Kelly, they’re just opening it up here too, finally. I still think SMA should’ve been higher on the priority list. Glad to hear your first dose went well. Good luck with dose 2!

Nikki
      Participant

Hi Deann thank you for this post! I’m so thankful that you gave your experience. I’m in Los Angeles CA and we have not been given the green light yet to make an appointment for the vaccine. My doctor however, he has asked me to hold off. I was wondering, you seem like you had such a mellow experience, do you have any medicine allergies? I have a long list and my doctor wants me to be cautious about that.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Nikki, I do not have any allergies so it wasn’t of much concern to me. They did have us wait 15 minutes afterwards to monitor for any adverse reactions. I don’t know if that’s standard or not. It’s definitely challenging when you have to weigh in risk factors.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.