SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA How’s Your Mental Health This Week?

• How’s Your Mental Health This Week?

Posted by alyssa-silva on December 8, 2021 at 11:07 am

The holidays can be a tricky time for many, including me, and bring up a lot of unwanted emotions. So, I wanted to create this space for you to vent, seek advice on how to handle the next few weeks, and simply ask for a friend who *gets it.* There’s real power in community, and I just wanted to remind you that we’re here for one another.

adam replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • blake-watson

December 8, 2021 at 8:56 pm

I’ve kind of decided I’m giving to charity rather than getting gifts for folks and I’m trying to figure out the best way to let them know that. ????

Just don’t feel like doing the whole shopping thing, especially since the mail system, stores, supply chains are already burdened with post-covid issues.

I thought I might try mailing some personal letters though—good excuse to use all these monospaced fonts I have. ????

• adam

December 10, 2021 at 8:25 am

I despise the wasteful commercial aspect of xmas & refused the trading of meaningless crap with others for a while now.

The festive season is also peak drought & fire season in Oz so I make donations to places that help the injured wildlife or deliver water to farmers.

The best way to let people know would be to tell them you’ll be making a donation instead & if they wanna do something for you they too should make a donation. How easy that’ll go depends how materialistic your people are lol some people I found can get incredibly childishly sensitive about xmas gifts.

• alyssa-silva

December 9, 2021 at 6:10 pm

Yes, I approve of excuses to use fonts! Haha but that really does sound like a great alternative to gift-giving. Now more than ever, charities could use financial help.