This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Alyssa Silva.

• Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Holy cannoli, I’m getting a new wheelchair at the end of the month!

I’m actually pretty surprised by how quickly the whole process took, but I’m also nervous to be making such a huge transition. I’ve had my current chair for about 10 years now, so talk about going out with a bang for 2019.

I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my equipment. I don’t like change and am not a fan of the adjustment period when using something new. That being said, I’d have been foolish to prolong getting a new chair as my current one has some serious wear and tear.

In bargaining with my PT, I convinced her to at least let me keep my custom-molded seat as I fit in it just fine. WIN.

Overall, I’m excited about my new ride in spite of the changes that come along with it. How long have you had your wheelchair? Are you a creature of habit as well?

Dennis Turner
      Participant

Win indeed!

I have only had mine three years, but mine has been failing me quite frequently, so I am looking forward to getting an upgrade in a couple yesrs.

Enjoy your new chair.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time!  My chair is about 7 years old.  I kind of want to start the process this spring.  Since I hated my previous chair though it makes me nervous.  I hope your new chair is fabulous!

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Dennis, I’m sorry you’ve been having issues. Hopefully, your chair keeps going these last couple of years.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Thanks DeAnn! Fingers crossed the transition and adjustment period won’t be too problematic with the new chair.

Halsey Blocher
      Participant

I’m impressed that you get to keep your seating system! I’ve never even thought to ask that!

My current chair is relatively new. Only about two years old. It definitely took a while to get used to. We made little adjustments to it pretty much every day, and the guy from the wheelchair company came back after about a week to make any major changes. Once everything was situated comfortably it became my favorite chair. We tried to combine all my favorite parts of my past chairs into one.

What kind will your new one be?

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Yes, I know what you mean, Halsey! I, too, need many adjustments made in the following weeks of getting the chair. To be completely honest, I’m not quite sure what I’m getting— can’t remember haha. It’ll be like Christmas morning all over again!

Chelsea Chandanais
      Participant

I am starting the process to get my first wheelchair and I am a little nervous. I have done some research and I am hoping that I will be able to get the new Quantum Stretto with iLevel.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I was nervous too, Chelsea. I don’t like change! But I hope you get your Quantum Stretto! Seat elevation is so important. Not only just to be able to reach things and sit at high tops, but to also be eye level with our peers. It can sometimes feel demeaning when people are always looking down at us.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.