Sponsored Post

How different generations living with SMA can teach one another

Meet Regina and Al. Their friendship and respect for one another all started at a fundraiser before a Phillies baseball game in 2019. “I watched Regina give a beautiful speech at the event about her recently diagnosed son, Shane,” recalled Al. “I thought to myself, ‘My friends at Cure SMA need to meet this amazing mom and get her involved.’”

This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by Krystal.

• Author
      Todd
      Participant

Hi, my name is Todd, I am the father of an 18 month little boy whom has SMA II.  I am blessed to be his caregiver, and everyday brings some type of new joy to my life.  I truly am a better person by having the privilege to care for Aleksander, my son.  We live outside the Pensacola Florida area.  Thank you

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Todd.
      Ryan Berhar
      Keymaster

Great to hear from you, Todd! I’m Ryan, one of the forum moderators. If you have any questions, please let me or one of the other moderators know.

Kelly Miller
      Participant

Hi there Todd! So happy to have you added to our forum. My name is Kelly, and I am another member of this great place to get to know people. Please feel free to join in on any of the discussions we have here. Hopefully, you will feel encouragement & strength from our experiences. A lot of us have SMA II (myself included) & can give you our own insights into what your child may be going thru, as well as comfort for you as you try to navigate this sometimes confusing world of SMA.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Thanks for introducing yourself Todd! Great to have you here. I’m 25 with Type 2, and I live in Cary, North Carolina. If you ever have any questions about growing up with SMA or anything else, feel free to ask.

Also, are you planning on going to the Cure SMA conference this summer? I’ll be there, and I try to go every year.

Krystal
      Participant

Hello, Todd. I’m sure I’ll have many questions for you regarding my daughter’s growth with SMA, as she is just a bit younger than your son and she also has Type 2. Welcome!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.