SMA News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Introduction

• Introduction

Posted by todd on January 9, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Hi, my name is Todd, I am the father of an 18 month little boy whom has SMA II.  I am blessed to be his caregiver, and everyday brings some type of new joy to my life.  I truly am a better person by having the privilege to care for Aleksander, my son.  We live outside the Pensacola Florida area.  Thank you

krystal replied 5 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ryan-berhar-2

January 9, 2019 at 11:04 pm

Great to hear from you, Todd! I’m Ryan, one of the forum moderators. If you have any questions, please let me or one of the other moderators know.

• kelly-miller

January 10, 2019 at 1:35 pm

Hi there Todd! So happy to have you added to our forum. My name is Kelly, and I am another member of this great place to get to know people. Please feel free to join in on any of the discussions we have here. Hopefully, you will feel encouragement & strength from our experiences. A lot of us have SMA II (myself included) & can give you our own insights into what your child may be going thru, as well as comfort for you as you try to navigate this sometimes confusing world of SMA.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

• kevin-schaefer

January 10, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Thanks for introducing yourself Todd! Great to have you here. I’m 25 with Type 2, and I live in Cary, North Carolina. If you ever have any questions about growing up with SMA or anything else, feel free to ask.

Also, are you planning on going to the Cure SMA conference this summer? I’ll be there, and I try to go every year.

• krystal

January 11, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Hello, Todd. I’m sure I’ll have many questions for you regarding my daughter’s growth with SMA, as she is just a bit younger than your son and she also has Type 2. Welcome!