SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue #11 – Avexis Files For FDA Approval Of Their Drug AVXS101

• The Morale Monologue #11 – Avexis Files For FDA Approval Of Their Drug AVXS101

Posted by michael-morale on October 31, 2018 at 8:01 am

https://youtu.be/xHEt-9I8BRk

In this episode of the Morale Monologue, I’m going to discuss Avexis Pharmaceutical’s recent FDA filing for approval of their drug known as AVXS-101. A few years ago, Biogen Pharmaceuticals filed their Biologics License Agreement (BLA) with the FDA to make their drug, Spinraza, the first FDA approved treatment for those of us who suffer from SMA. Now, Avexis Pharmaceuticals has filed their BLA in hopes that the FDA will approve their drug AVXS-101, and make it the second FDA approved treatment for SMA.

Avexis also filed their paperwork in Europe and in Japan, and their hopes are to have this drug approved in all three countries by the middle of 2019. Given the fact that there will possibly be two FDA approved treatments for those of us who suffer from SMA, we have a lot to look forward to and we have reasons to be excited.

Be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel so that you don’t miss an episode of this vlog, and you can also connect with me right here on the forums page.

deann-r replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

November 1, 2018 at 9:55 am

Changing the face of SMA as we know it.  What an exciting time for the SMA community.