SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA My Weekly Journal – 07/15/19 Through 07/21/19

• My Weekly Journal – 07/15/19 Through 07/21/19

Posted by michael-morale on July 22, 2019 at 3:00 pm
    Monday, July 15, Through Sunday, July 21 – This past week was smooth and non-eventful. The only time that I left the house was when I went for my workout. Besides this, I spent the majority of my days working on podcasts, flash briefings, and trying to restructure BioNews Services’ multimedia and social media platforms. Work is keeping me busy, and I’m extremely thankful. 

This past Tuesday, when I went for my workout with Emily, we focused on my core strengthening exercises. Last week, when she and Vicki transferred me to the therapy table, both Emily and I forgot to do the stretching exercises on my right hip. This week, I told her that my right hip was hurting, and we both remembered what we had forgotten about it last time. She was extremely apologetic, but I told her that I should’ve remembered that doing this keeps me from being sore.
    Last week, we did all of my normal core strengthening exercises. I also spoke to Emily about keeping my balance while I sit in my wheelchair. While my core strength is improving, I’m still very uneasy about rolling on uneven surfaces in my chair. About six months ago, I lost my balance when I hit a patch of concrete. This completely through me off guard, and I lost my balance and fell to my left. Luckily, my seatbelt kept me from falling out of my wheelchair. Still, losing my balance made me realize that this is something that I needed to work on.
    In a few months, after all of our summertime heat dissipates, Emily and I will go outside so I can practice driving my wheelchair on uneven surfaces. This is definitely something that scares me a bit, but it’s important for me to try. Plus, Emily and Vicki will be there to help.

I’m still trying to get used to doing a biweekly video. With my work schedule the way it is, it’s nice not to have to do a video each week. Still, as new treatment options and clinical trials open up and become available for those of us with SMA, I may go back to a weekly schedule. I did update my photo gallery with a few new pictures. Click HERE to be taken to my photo gallery.

I’ve updated the flash briefings that I do for BioNews Services. Click HERE to go to the flash briefings.
    Do you have any questions for me? What’s something you did this week?

I hope that all of you had a fantastic week. Do something for yourself this upcoming week that will make you a better person. God bless you and I’ll see you next week.
    michael-morale replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.