Tagged: , ,

• alyssa-silva

October 8, 2021 at 9:51 am

I want to start reading some fall-themed books, so I have The Sun Down Motel in my library rental queue but would love some more options!

• deann-r

October 8, 2021 at 10:01 am

I’m not sure I should admit this on a public forum, but I’m reading the Grey series As Told by Christian. I just finished Freed. If you read the original Shades of Grey series this follows the same timeline but from Christian’s perspective. Interesting to get his viewpoint and of course a little naughty.

• kelly-miller

October 10, 2021 at 12:17 am

I’m reading, “The War for Gloria,” about a woman who has just been diagnosed with ALS. I usually stay away from books about disabilities because after all, I already live that life. That’s just my preference, but this fictional story is told from the perspective of Gloria’s 16 yr old son who she raised on her own. He struggles with trying to help his mother come to terms with her diagnosis while dealing with his feelings about his absentee father coming into their lives with his own agenda.

I have to admit I’m addicted to purchasing kindle books, but I try to always get them on sale around $1.99 average using BookBub and Kindle deals on Amazon. This was a rare occasion when I paid full price on a new release. The style of writing is different, but if you stick with it, this novel is worth the try.

• alyssa-silva

October 10, 2021 at 10:54 pm

Hey Kelly, have you tried renting kindle books from your local library? They were getting expensive for me as well until I found out I could rent them! Everything is done online, so it’s super convenient too.

• yvette-haas

October 12, 2021 at 6:26 pm

I recently finished Before We Were Yours, which was fantastic.

And like Alyssa, I get my audiobooks through Libby (which is free and uses your library card to borrow books).