SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Plan for Post-Vaccination

• Plan for Post-Vaccination

Posted by alyssa-silva on February 22, 2021 at 11:00 am

If you are planning to get the vaccine, what are your plans post-vaccination? Are you still going to play it safe? Will you start having visits with others or will they have to be vaccinated as well? Will you feel more comfortable about doing things like grocery shopping and eating at restaurants despite the case numbers?

Personally, I think I will ease up a little but only because I have been following strict guidelines to keep myself healthy. I’m not sure how I’d feel about doing things in enclosed public spaces just yet, but I think I’d be ok with having family and friends over who have also been vaccinated. I guess we’ll see though. In time, things could change.

alyssa-silva replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

February 23, 2021 at 10:57 am

Not much has changed for me post-vaccination. I still don’t feel comfortable being in restaurants or busy stores. It has given me a little sense of relief that others actions won’t affect me as much. For example I have a caregiver vacationing in Florida. Prior to getting the vaccine I would be very anxious about that. I’m still concerned but more at ease knowing that I have some protection if she does get sick. It would be a bigger sense of relief if my caregivers would get vaccinated.

• alyssa-silva

February 24, 2021 at 11:25 am

I’m sorry they’re not getting vaccinated. That would concern me as well. But yes. I plan to still play it safe-ish but will probably feel less stressed about getting the virus, or at least a bad strain of it.

• dennis-turner

February 23, 2021 at 3:05 pm

I still don’t qualify for the vaccine. But I did just get a notice that I will “soon”.

I am looking forward to being a bit less cautious.

• alyssa-silva

February 24, 2021 at 11:23 am

Soon is promising! Definitely feels like there’s a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.