SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Weekly Wins Prepared for Cold (or COVID) & Flu Season

• Prepared for Cold (or COVID) & Flu Season

Posted by deann-r on October 8, 2021 at 12:26 pm

As per my doctors recommendation I just got my flu vaccine and COVID booster yesterday. One in each arm. The nurse said the COVID shot makes your arm more sore than the flu vaccine, so I had the COVID into my non-dominant arm. She was correct. Other than a little soreness though I’m good to go. Even though I hate that we’re going into winter I feel a little more prepared for the upcoming cold & flu season. Are you getting the flu shot? COVID booster? Do you do anything else to prepare?

yvette-haas replied 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • dennis-turner

October 8, 2021 at 9:23 pm

I got my flu shot last week and my covid booster this week. I am also continuing to wear masks when I go out. It is enough.

• alyssa-silva

October 10, 2021 at 10:58 pm

Still waiting (impatiently) for Moderna to approve booster vaccines, but yes, I’ll definitely be getting it. And the flu shot, too. Probably later this month. Masking up will still be a must, too!

• yvette-haas

October 12, 2021 at 6:20 pm

I’ll soon be upping my vitamin D3 dosage, and I am fully stocked on all of my immune-boosting supplements.