• deann-r

January 7, 2019 at 9:29 am

You’ll do great.  I’ve just done a few demonstrations with my service dog to some local groups.  Most people paid attention to the dog, so that helped.  What’s the topic?  I’ve always felt if you have a general outline it makes things go a little easier.

• kevin-schaefer

January 7, 2019 at 8:04 pm

I’ve done my fair share over the years. I also have a theatre background, and I did stand-up comedy a couple times. You’ll do fine. Like DeAnn said, have a general outline of what you want to say. Some people prefer to write out their speech word for word and just read it, and that works too. It’s whatever you prefer. And you don’t have to yell, but still project. I’m sure you’ll have a mic, and that should pick you up fine. Also feel free to take breaks during your speech and drink water or whatever.

And if you get stuck, just show off your arm. Works every time.

• ryan-berhar-2

January 7, 2019 at 8:44 pm

My topic is contentment in God. With guidance from the pastor, I wrote a fairly detailed outline. On Wednesday, we’re going to the church to work out some logistical stuff. My concern is being seen and heard. We’re going to try a portable ramp to get me on the stage, and I’ll have a mic, but I can’t project my voice much. Should be fine, though, as I’ll be the only one talking.

• adnan-hafizovic

January 8, 2019 at 11:11 am

I have few tips,well first isn’t appropriate because you’ll speak in church,drink few glasses of whiskey, and second is valium.Seriously just don’t think too much abot that and everything will be ok.