This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by DeAnn R.

• Author
      Ryan Berhar

In the care package most of us received a while back, there’s these etekcity remote controlled outlets. Has anyone found a way to put them to use? I think it would work great with a lamp, but I don’t have any in my room. Just wondering if anyone came up with clever ideas.

Tracy Odell
      Participant

I love my remote-controlled outlets! I have them plugged into lights right now, which is great because if people forget to turn them off before they leave, I can do it myself and save a little electricity. Also, if it gets dark before people arrive, I don’t have to wait for them in the dark. At Christmas time I had the Christmas tree lights plugged in so I could voice command to turn them on and off. My sister who also has SMA has a fan plugged into it. I’m also planning to get electric window blinds that I can plug into that as well. I’m not sure how it will work with the door opener, but I plan to experiment with that as well.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Love mine as well. Although I’m using smart sockets that work with Alexa more often I still use the remote outlets. I have my modem plugged into one so I can reset it as needed myself. I have a wax melt pot plugged into one. I also use one for my door opener now that I have it voice activated so I can turn that part off overnight or when I’m not around for security purposes.

Tracy, they make electric widow blinds? Have you checked into them at all?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can someone explain what these are and how these work?

Thanks

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Hey Izzy, these devices can do things like control light switches with a remote. Personally, I prefer Amazon Alexa technology, but these work well too.

DeAnn R
        Keymaster

Basically you plug these sockets into any outlet, then whatever you plug into them can be turned off and on with a remote. What Kevin’s referring to basically works the same except instead of controlling with a remote you can use your voice with the Alexa device.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.