SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Reviewing My Public Speaking Debut

Tagged: ,

• Reviewing My Public Speaking Debut

Posted by ryan-berhar-2 on January 13, 2019 at 10:51 pm

As you might have seen in a previous forum post, I had the opportunity to essentially preach a sermon today. I was a little nervous, because I had never done anything like that before. It went well though. I got tremendous responses. People even said that I had a nice sounding voice that was easy to understand—something I’ve frankly always been insecure about. I just wanted to not only update you all, but encourage everyone to speak publicly if given the opportunity. We have powerful stories to share.

adnan-hafizovic replied 5 years, 3 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • deann-r

January 14, 2019 at 9:27 am

Glad to hear it went well.

• kevin-schaefer

January 14, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Glad it went well! Yeah I always enjoy speaking. The anxiety leading up to a speech is normal, but I’m glad you did it. Thanks for sharing man!

• ryan-berhar-2

January 14, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Thanks guys.

• dennis-turner

January 15, 2019 at 11:44 am

Did your sermon get recorded?

I co-pastor a small house church and sometimes need to preach, but never feel good about it. My wife does most of the teaching and preaching.

Good on you for getting up and going for it.

• ryan-berhar-2

January 15, 2019 at 3:55 pm

I hope it got recorded. We requested it, but there’s concern it might not have been. I should find out later today. Thanks for the kind words, and good luck with your own ministry!

• adnan-hafizovic

January 17, 2019 at 10:54 am

Congratulate Ryan.