• Spinal Headaches

Posted by kevin-schaefer on September 24, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone!

Today, I’m going in for my ninth Spinraza injection. I’ve been extremely fortunate, as all my injections have gone smoothly, and I haven’t dealt with any side effects. I drink plenty of liquids the day before, and I take it easy on injection days.

However, one of my biggest concerns before I started this process was the possibility of spinal headaches. I know people who have had these, and they sound terrible.

Has anyone onĀ Spinraza had spinal headaches? How have you dealt with them?

kevin-schaefer replied 4 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • rachel-markley

September 24, 2019 at 11:57 am

I had the start of one with my last dose. I drank a medium Mt Dew freeze from Taco Bell (recommendation from Biogen FAM) and it went away!

• ryan-berhar

September 24, 2019 at 3:14 pm

Hope it goes well

• lupa-f

September 24, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Closest I came to one was maybe for my 3rd or 4th dose when at the hospital they gave me a pillow for my head while I was laying down waiting to be allowed to go home. After a couple of minutes I could feel a headache coming on, but I took the pillow away and it mostly went away too so now I don’t let them give me a pillow.

I do feel sort of mushy is the best way to describe it for the day of and next day after an injection. Like I can tell if I exert myself too much it’ll start feeling like a headache is coming on, but it’s never been serious enough that I needed to do anything other than stop exerting myself for a minute.

• deann-r

September 25, 2019 at 11:46 am

It went well? Thankfully I haven’t experienced this. Good excuse to have caffeine on hand though.

• kevin-schaefer

September 25, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Thanks everyone! Yep it went great. I drink a lot of caffeine, and it seems to do the trick each time.

Rachel, Lupa, sorry you had to deal with these briefly, but glad they didn’t last!