SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube Spontaneous Gardening With The Jaco

• Spontaneous Gardening With The Jaco

Posted by deann-r on June 10, 2022 at 10:00 am

https://youtu.be/rFXXgyTkNGc

Hey guys!  Spontaneity is something I envy most of the time.  One thing the JACO Robotic Arm allows me to do is be more spontaneous.  In this video I show you how my spur of the moment decision to plant peas worked out. Although it was more difficult than I anticipated, it was successful. You can hear in the video the neighbor kid jumping on their trampoline singing, “You can do whatever you want.” Yes, she’s right, you can. Don’t have a JACO? That’s okay. You can still do what you want. It might just take a little more planning and ingenuity. What makes it easier for you to be spontaneous?

tammy replied 1 year, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

June 12, 2022 at 12:48 pm

This is such a cool video DeAnn! You definitely have more patience than I do that’s for sure. But I love how you were able to adapt to your circumstances and find a way to do what you love spur of the moment. Being spontaneous definitely isn’t easy for us. I would have to say my caregivers and friends make spontaneity possible for me. Even so, spontaneity in my book means going to a different coffee shop or not having an agenda for the day. I’m not very adventurous!

• tammy

June 18, 2022 at 8:36 pm

Random question. Does the jaco drain your chair’s battery a noticeable amount?

• deann-r

June 19, 2022 at 3:45 pm

Great question. Surprisingly it doesn’t drop as drastically as I anticipated, but it is noticeable. On days when I use it a lot I drop bars quicker than if I don’t.

• tammy

June 28, 2022 at 4:13 pm

Good to know, thanks!