Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Some of you may know this, but my longtime caregiver is leaving to start a new career. I wrote a column about this recently. Obviously, this is a big transition, but I feel like I’m in a good mental state. I’ve started contacting agencies and individuals, and I sent a job ad to a CNA program in my area. I’ll of course miss Randy, but we’re both ready for a new adventure.

Have you had a longtime caregiver leave? How did you handle the transition?

Pamela Muhammad
      Participant

Good morning Kevin,

I know that life chances for everyone ,however it doesn’t make it easier to accept some random strangers into come to my live as caregivers to help us to do or in most cases to complete do my daily hygiene , cooking  and cleaning …etc., I literally hate it when my good , caring caregivers have to leave for whatever reason, it sucks and it can be very stressful! But regardless of how much that I don’t like having to get use to different caregivers  (mostly lazy insufficient ones) that’s part of my life. However , I strive to make the most of it by praying , staying positive and keeping busy. (Smiles) Side note I’ll like to possibly be interviewed on SMA Podcast.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Thanks for sharing Pamela! It is indeed a challenge most of us here have to face. Just gotta take it one step at a time.

And I’d love to have you on the podcast! I’ll message you in a bit.

Delphine Andrews
      Participant

I had to go through this a few years back and it was tough for sure. Mentally, it took a toll on me. But it is one of those things that I had to realize was out of my control. I have to accept that I will always need personal care providers (at least until robot technology advances enough to fill this need – fingers crossed). Therefore, looking for new care providers is always going to be part of what I do. Eventually, I did find people and some really great people. I made new friends and, as it always does, it worked itself out. Good luck to you!

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Thanks for sharing! Definitely a big transition, but it’ll work out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account