SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Parents​ ​and​ ​Caregivers​ Starting the Search for New Caregivers

• pamela-muhammad

October 20, 2021 at 9:46 am

Good morning Kevin,

I know that life chances for everyone ,however it doesn’t make it easier to accept some random strangers into come to my live as caregivers to help us to do or in most cases to complete do my daily hygiene , cooking  and cleaning …etc., I literally hate it when my good , caring caregivers have to leave for whatever reason, it sucks and it can be very stressful! But regardless of how much that I don’t like having to get use to different caregivers  (mostly lazy insufficient ones) that’s part of my life. However , I strive to make the most of it by praying , staying positive and keeping busy. (Smiles) Side note I’ll like to possibly be interviewed on SMA Podcast.

• kevin-schaefer

October 20, 2021 at 10:10 am

Thanks for sharing Pamela! It is indeed a challenge most of us here have to face. Just gotta take it one step at a time.

And I’d love to have you on the podcast! I’ll message you in a bit.

• delphine-andrews

October 21, 2021 at 11:35 am

I had to go through this a few years back and it was tough for sure. Mentally, it took a toll on me. But it is one of those things that I had to realize was out of my control. I have to accept that I will always need personal care providers (at least until robot technology advances enough to fill this need – fingers crossed). Therefore, looking for new care providers is always going to be part of what I do. Eventually, I did find people and some really great people. I made new friends and, as it always does, it worked itself out. Good luck to you!

• kevin-schaefer

October 25, 2021 at 9:37 am

Thanks for sharing! Definitely a big transition, but it’ll work out.