SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA States Reopening: What’s Your Take?

• States Reopening: What’s Your Take?

Posted by alyssa-silva on May 11, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Hey everyone. With most of the country beginning to reopen again, I’m having mixed feelings.

It’s like I’m in limbo of wanting life to resume again and being scared that it’s too soon. For now, I plan on staying home until further notice but hope to enjoy the outdoors this summer while practicing social distancing.

Will you eventually venture out again or do you plan to self-isolate until there’s a vaccine?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • holly-dillon

May 11, 2020 at 7:33 pm

I don’t know if I’ll wait for the vaccine, but I’m not going out any time soon

• deann-r

May 11, 2020 at 7:42 pm

I’m trying to be okay with it because I know what a hardship it’s been for so many people.  Knowing as everything opens back up it will increase my risk is difficult.  Living with caution not fear is what I’m aiming for.  Like you and Holly you won’t be seeing me in public anytime soon.  I really do need a haircut though…

• dennis-turner

May 11, 2020 at 8:28 pm

My plan is to continue social distancing. I have been sitting outside in the sun as much as possible, which isn’t all that often recently.

• halsey-blocher

May 11, 2020 at 9:37 pm

I don’t know how long I’ll keep isolating for, but I won’t be rejoining the world just yet. I’m going to see how everything goes and start slowing picking some places to go once I see that things are continuing to improve. And I’ll be wearing a mask everywhere that I go. My mom found some that will cover both my face and my trach.

• alyssa-silva

May 12, 2020 at 8:09 pm

Dennis, I have a feeling we live in the same vicinity since we both go to Boston for Spinraza. So, I have to agree with you. The weather has been so dismal lately. Definitely doesn’t make social distancing any easier.