SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Staying Positive: Advice from a Life Coach

• Staying Positive: Advice from a Life Coach

Posted by alyssa-silva on January 21, 2021 at 11:00 am

Did anyone happen to read Halsey’s latest column? In it, she interviewed life coach, Amber Bosselman, who has SMA and specializes in serving the disability community.

I like how Halsey asked about staying positive for the road ahead after coming out of a year. I think that’s something many of us are wondering. Typically, the new year brings so much hope and possibility for me, and this year I was like, “ehh we’ll see how things go this year!”

But I really love what Amber said about having total confidence in yourself to better equip you for the future. I think sometimes I outsource my happiness and hope when really it’s just a mindset I need to work on. How do you stay positive during tough times?

Note: it’s okay to not be positive all the time. There should be a healthy balance of both, and I encourage people to feel what they’re feeling in the moment— good or bad.

deann-r replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

January 25, 2021 at 9:49 am

I loved this article. Amber has a lot of great insights. Lately I think it’s easy to just be in a funk. We really have to look at ourselves, our situation and what we really want the upcoming year to look like and how we can get there.