SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Support package for adults with SMA

• Support package for adults with SMA

Posted by brianna-albers on February 14, 2020 at 7:00 am

Thought I’d let you guys know about a cool opportunity for adults with SMA! Cure SMA has offered support packages for newly-diagnosed patients and has recently started offering support packages to adults as well. I recently received my package and was impressed with how slick the process was. 

The support package includes, among other things, an Amazon Echo, smart plugs, and a foam pillow. All you have to do is send an email to [email protected]. They’ll get back to you ASAP — all for free! Pretty neat.

dennis-turner replied 4 years, 2 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

February 14, 2020 at 9:06 am

No way! That’s awesome. Will definitely shoot them an email. Thanks for sharing Brianna!

• dennis-turner

February 14, 2020 at 11:25 am

I took advantage of this last year. Is it the same package? I just don’t want to be greedy.

• halsey-blocher

February 14, 2020 at 9:23 pm

I got mine about a year ago and loved it! I’ve used most of the things included in it, and I think it’s really great that they’re trying to find more ways to support Adults with SMA.

• brianna-albers

February 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm

I’m not sure! Anyone else know?

• deann-r

February 24, 2020 at 5:22 pm

I think it’s the same one. Very useful products for the most part.

• alyssa-silva

February 24, 2020 at 6:26 pm

I’m not sure if it’s the same, but if it helps, I got an echo plus, foam pillow, shower thingy to wash my hair, smart plugs, and a back scratcher. Mine came in over the weekend!

• dennis-turner

February 24, 2020 at 6:49 pm

That was what i received last year, plus a lambskin that has been a wonderful thing for my heels at night. All the stuff i got has been very helpful.