Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Hi all. I’m developing a mild pressure sore on the back of my left heel. What’s the best way to treat this and prevent it from getting worse? Aside from the obvious not putting pressure on it, I’m not sure what to do… if anything at all. Thanks!

Kelly Miller
      Participant

I’ve found that silver works really well. A wound care team used a prescription form once when I was in the hospital. If you don’t want to go that route, there’s Manuka honey. I’ve gotten both from Amazon. Here’s the silver I get, but there are several:

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I second the silver suggestion.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Awesome. Never heard of this. Thanks so much!

Yvette Haas
      Participant

I also love coloidal silver for all open wounds, but I have never used the type shown above. It looks like it would be super convenient for a pressure sore, because it’s already in gel form, but if you have an option, get one in a higher silver count. That one is 24ppm, whereas the spray I got at the health food store is 250ppm. Not saying 24ppm won’t be enough for your concern,  but when you do buy a silver product, that you will see a range of potency, price, and form… So see what works for you. It can do amazing stuff! I was sooo happy to have it when the whole left side of my face had a little (major) encounter with a frozen gravel driveway in 2018! No one could believe my skin came back so quickly. It was fantastic.

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

Thanks Yvette! I’ll have to do my research this weekend

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account