SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Using Sheepskin Cloth to Increase Comfort Levels

• halsey-blocher

December 1, 2018 at 11:18 am

I love the sheep skin! I’ve been laying on it when I do my breathing treatments. The cat thinks it for her, but she thinks everything is for her.

• kevin-schaefer

December 3, 2018 at 7:19 pm

That’s awesome! Yeah I’m really glad it was included in the care package. It’s great for relieving pressure sores and such, and I like that I can use it for my chair or my bed whenever I need to.

• michael-morale

December 1, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Halsey – I’ve never actually used sheepskin before. I know my father used it when he was alive and he said that it was very comfortable to sit on. I may actually try putting some sheepskin on my wheelchair cushion and sit on it during the day to see if it would help. Have you ever tried using this in your wheelchair to sit on, and if so, do you find it helpful?

• halsey-blocher

December 1, 2018 at 9:44 pm

I have only laid on mine, but I imagine it would be extremely comfortable to sit on as well. It’s definitely very comfortable to lay on!

• deann-r

December 2, 2018 at 10:17 am

Sheepskin is new to me as well. It’s always fun to try something new that could be helpful.