SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Vulnerability In Life With SMA

• halsey-blocher

June 5, 2019 at 9:37 pm

I can absolutely relate to physical vulnerability. I am dependent on others for showering, dressing, and using the toilet. And since I have nursing care, I have had to train a lot of new people in these aspects of my care. At this point, I’m pretty used to it, but it’s really not fun, especially since I’m a pretty modest person.

• deann-r

June 6, 2019 at 9:46 am

Forced vulnerability I guess you could say. I do think it’s comical sometimes when I think about how many people have seen me naked. Honestly I don’t even remember some of them. It’s just something we have to deal with though. When people compliment how vulnerable or open we are I think it’s more a compliment on how we handle the situation. I don’t think they can imagine doing what we do, but of course if it was them they’d deal with it too.

• adnan-hafizovic

June 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm

When you mentioned this DeAnn  I remember it and how much I was ashamed when somebody sees me naked especially when I was younger. But now I do not care anyway