This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by Adnan Hafizovic.

• Author
      Ryan Berhar

Hey everyone, here’s Kala’s newest column.

My Vulnerability Isn’t the Result of a Spiritual Awakening

I think she does a great job of explaining some of the nuance of life with SMA. Physical vulnerability is out of necessity. It’s a way of life. That doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re also vulnerable in other ways, however. Can you relate? In what ways does SMA affect your vulnerability?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Ryan Berhar.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Marta Ribeiro.
      Halsey Blocher
      Participant

I can absolutely relate to physical vulnerability. I am dependent on others for showering, dressing, and using the toilet. And since I have nursing care, I have had to train a lot of new people in these aspects of my care. At this point, I’m pretty used to it, but it’s really not fun, especially since I’m a pretty modest person.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Forced vulnerability I guess you could say. I do think it’s comical sometimes when I think about how many people have seen me naked. Honestly I don’t even remember some of them. It’s just something we have to deal with though. When people compliment how vulnerable or open we are I think it’s more a compliment on how we handle the situation. I don’t think they can imagine doing what we do, but of course if it was them they’d deal with it too.

Adnan Hafizovic
      Participant

When you mentioned this DeAnn  I remember it and how much I was ashamed when somebody sees me naked especially when I was younger. But now I do not care anyway

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.