SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Would You Rather? Would You Rather – Footwear Edition

• Would You Rather – Footwear Edition

Posted by deann-r on July 29, 2021 at 8:00 am

Recently some coworkers had a discussion regarding footwear. Let’s just say the consensus is that it’s a struggle. Here’s a link that was shared to some footwear that look intriguing. Have you tried anything like them? I know I’m all about comfort these days. That leads me to my next question. Would you rather be uncomfortable and stylish or comfortable but not so cute? My footwear of choice at the moment is Crocs, so my choice is the latter.

dennis-turner replied 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • blake-watson

July 29, 2021 at 10:57 am

My sister-in-law had a great idea… she ripped out the soles of a pair of shoes I had and made a cut at the back of the heel. The end result is what I call a “foot cover.” It looks like I’m wearing shoes but it’s an illusion. They are easy to wear and super comfy.

Personally I would love to see a whole line of shoes like this… for people who use wheelchairs who don’t need the utility of shoes but want the aesthetic of them.

• alyssa-silva

July 29, 2021 at 11:00 am

My footwear options are limited because of my AFOs, but if I had the choice, I think I’d rather be uncomfortable ha. I love shoes. I think they can dress up even the most simple outfit, so I’ll endure a little pain. Maybe if I were walking in them, that’d be a different story.

• dennis-turner

July 29, 2021 at 2:09 pm

I just wish I could find shoes that fit.

With the swelling it is hard to find any, tho I expect I will be trying your sister in law’s idea.  I already have some old shoes I can’t stuff my feet into.