SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Would You Rather? Would You Rather – Time Edition

• Would You Rather – Time Edition

Posted by deann-r on April 8, 2022 at 8:59 am

As we all know, time is precious.  That’s why sometimes I struggle with the decision to do it myself (even though it takes me 10 times longer,) or to delegate the task to someone else.  I know a lot depends on the task.  In general I’m a do it yourself kind of girl.  How about you?  Would you rather do it yourself, or delegate the task to save time?

alyssa-silva replied 2 years ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • tracy-odell

April 8, 2022 at 11:32 am

Creative writing – myself

ADL – help welcome

• blake-watson

April 8, 2022 at 11:54 am

I’ve gotten to the point physically where there’s little I can do myself that isn’t a computer-related activity. That said I do try to use some tech for things like turning on lamps or space heaters.

I imagine if I had the JACO arm I’d opt for doing more things myself, as I was prone to doing that in years past. That said, I certainly wouldn’t blame anyone for asking for help with something that would take an absurd amount of time otherwise, especially if the helper is being paid to be there.

Guess I’m of two minds about it. ????

• anna

April 9, 2022 at 5:33 am

I don’t really have a choice since I can’t do much without help anymore, but I’d say that delegation is more time consuming…

• alyssa-silva

April 11, 2022 at 9:58 am

I would rather do everything myself, but the question is CAN I do everything myself. And unfortunately, the answer is no, so I think I would have to say I delegate more often than not.