Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

There‘s a new series on NBC called Ordinary Joe— ever heard of or watched it?

I would explain the concept of the show to you, but Kevin does a much better job in his latest column. What’s really cool about it, though, is that there’s a character who has SMA. The actor also has muscular dystrophy in real life. One of the writers of the show has a son with SMA, so it’s really amazing to see how they take real-life experiences and inject them into the storyline. Woo, love the disability representation!

As Kevin states, “a little awareness goes a long way,” and that’s exactly what Ordinary Joe is doing with their new series. Have you watched it yet?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I really wanted to like the show, but I didn’t. After watching the first episode I haven’t been compelled to watch the next. Kudos for the representation though. I hope to see it more often.

Delphine Andrews
      Participant

I have been watching it mostly for the representation, which I think is great. The show is ok otherwise. But the son is definitely my favorite part.

Mark Pratt
      Participant

Interesting show.  I’d be more interested in the 10-year-old disabled actor.  This one of the falls best new shows since This Is Us.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account