• Posted by alyssa-silva on July 18, 2022 at 11:08 am

Hi all. I can’t believe it’s already mid-July. How is everyone’s summer going? Do you feel safer doing more activities this year? I don’t know where you’re located, but summers in the Northeast never last long so I’m trying to soak it up as much as I can while still remaining cautious. Been spending most of my free time by the ocean. My brother and other relatives rented beach houses this week, so I’m hoping to do some day trips. It’ll be nice to see family and catch up.

Do you have any plans for the rest of the summer?

tammy replied 1 year, 8 months ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • blake-watson

July 18, 2022 at 12:23 pm

It’s oppressively hot in Mississippi. I’ve just been staying in. That said, my brother and I have recently started this daily ritual of going outside after work where we just pace around in our chairs and chat for 30-40 minutes. Gotta get that vitamin D from the giant nuclear reactor in the sky.

Other than that I have no real plans. The ocean sounds nice!

• alyssa-silva

July 19, 2022 at 11:51 am

Yeah, it’s oppressively hot here too. But I agree that it’s good to get outside too. I hate the feeling of being couped up. Probably why I despise winter so much. ????

• deann-r

July 20, 2022 at 11:41 am

Pacing can be cathartic. Sounds like a nice routine. Is the humidity ridiculous in Mississippi? That’s what gets to me.

• tammy

July 18, 2022 at 12:42 pm

No major plans other than some beach days. We are about to hit a heatwave this week so definitely won’t be doing it this week LOL other than that, just been working as usual. Went to a concert last week and have another one coming up in october. But other than that, business as usual

• alyssa-silva

July 19, 2022 at 12:04 pm

Yes! We’re getting that heatwave here too. Hopefully, it’s not too bad at the beach. It’s the humidity I don’t do well in. I always have trouble breathing.

I miss going to concerts! Who did you go see?

• tammy

July 21, 2022 at 8:38 pm

I went to see New Kids On The Block with some girlfriends. Lol yes, reliving our childhood fandom ????. In October I’ll be seeing Smashing Pumpkins and Jane’s Addiction

• alyssa-silva

July 23, 2022 at 9:16 pm

Wow, what a throwback!! I love it. ????

• tammy

July 25, 2022 at 8:30 pm

we had fun

• deann-r

July 20, 2022 at 11:47 am

My renovation is close to being completed. After that a thorough cleaning will be needed. Of course I’ll try to soak up some sunshine between organizing and cleaning. The ocean sounds glorious! How accessible are the beaches?

• alyssa-silva

July 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm

The neat freak in me thinks that sounds like fun. ???? There’s just nothing like the feeling of a clean space you know?

Unfortunately, the beaches aren’t accessible here at all. My brother has to carry me onto the sand. I’ve always thought about working with the state to make state beaches accessible with mobi mats. It can’t be that difficult.