SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research COVID-19 and SMA Columnist Writes About Throwing Away Her Vaccine Shot

• dennis-turner

March 23, 2021 at 11:10 am

Just got my second a couple hours ago. No issues at all.

• kelly-miller

March 23, 2021 at 12:14 pm

On my way to get 2nd next Wednesday. No problems with 1st.

• deann-r

March 23, 2021 at 12:38 pm

Mass vaccination sites confuse me. Thankfully I’m a small town girl. Glad it worked out. Good luck with the second. I forget did you mention if you got Phizer or Moderna?

• robert-stump

March 23, 2021 at 3:29 pm

My 2nd dose of Pfizer was delayed because I felt like I was coming down with something on the day I was originally scheduled for, but it was an easy process to reschedule it and I took it this past Saturday.  It hurt some, the first one didn’t, and my arm was sore after 5 or 6 hours.  But the next day, about 20 hours after the shot, the side effects hit me hard.  One of the worst headaches I have ever experienced, and a fever of 101.7.  Nauseous, and random pain through the rest of that day and night, then about 28 hours after the side effects started, they subsided and I was exhausted from the ordeal.  I did not expect that at all, and in my mind I was secretly making fun of all those people complaining about 2nd shot side effects!  Karma I guess!

• brianna-albers

March 29, 2021 at 4:31 pm

Oh wow! So sorry to hear that. It seems like it hits everyone differently!