SMA News Forums Forums Our Community 31 Days of SMA 2021 31 Days of SMA 2022 Day 7 of #31DaysofSMA: I Chose to Follow My Dream to Be Like Walt Disney

• Day 7 of #31DaysofSMA: I Chose to Follow My Dream to Be Like Walt Disney

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on August 8, 2022 at 7:44 pm
    Janelle Fiesta grew up watching Disney movies and was captivated by the characters and stories that Walt Disney created. She too wanted to create art that could reach and inspire others.

Despite living with SMA type 2, Janelle’s hands and arms were strong enough to move and scribble lines onto paper. She studied the basics of digital media at her community college. After receiving her associate’s degree and struggling to find meaningful employment, Janelle fell back on her dream of creating her own art.

Janelle now runs her own small art business called Cute Loot Arts.

“I dare to dream big because, despite my SMA, I want to be my own version of Walt Disney.”

Janelle, creative spirits like yours make the world go around!

Now back to our SMA community, have you found ways to express yourself creatively?

Click here to read the rest of Janelle’s story and learn more about her love for Walt Disney.

SMA News Today’s 31 Days of SMA campaign will publish one story per day for SMA Awareness Month in August. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more stories like this, using the hashtag #31DaysofSMA, or read the full series.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 8 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • blake-watson

August 8, 2022 at 9:45 pm

I love this. I love any story about a creative being able to do what they love, but it’s even more special to me when it’s someone with SMA. Keeping rocking, Janelle!

• blake-watson

August 8, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Update: omg the Chicken Nugget Just Chillin’ tee is amazing and perfect and I just bought it. ????

• deann-r

August 9, 2022 at 10:15 am

Great choice!

• alyssa-silva

August 10, 2022 at 7:06 pm

Coolest T-shirt ever.

• blake-watson

August 24, 2022 at 6:50 pm

Got my tee!

My Chicken Nugget tee

• alyssa-silva

August 24, 2022 at 6:51 pm

Hahaha love it. Looks awesome Blake!

• alyssa-silva

August 10, 2022 at 7:06 pm

“If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney

I’d say Janelle is embodying his message well. ???? And she’s so talented! Hope we see her at Disney’s Animation someday.