Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone! My latest column went up on Monday, which you can find here. I talk a bit about my anxiety surrounding career changes and how difficult it is for me to accept the fact that plans change. I like being in charge, probably because illness makes me feel like I don’t have control over anything, so my life has just been one lesson after another—with me stubbornly pretending that I know what I’m doing.

I have some good news though: my school has a program in community counseling, which would allow me to graduate with my M.A. without having to go through the two years of field placements. I wouldn’t be licensed, which is fine because I’m not planning on working directly with clients anymore, but I’d still be able to work in the field, which is great! I don’t have anything figured out yet, but I’m getting closer, which is a huge relief.

Have any of you gone through significant career changes? Do you think your diagnosis affected the process in any way? Personally, I always feel like I’m running out of time, so it hits me especially hard when plans change and I have to take a detour. I don’t have time to waste!

Ryan Berhar

Really awesome to hear that you’re remaining positive!

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Sounds like a good compromise.  Good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account