• Foot Problems

Posted by deann-r on January 7, 2019 at 9:57 am

For someone who never uses their feet, mine sure can be bothersome.  I know sensitive feet can be an issue for many of us.  When I was a kid I hated wearing my braces because my toes would get pinched when shoes would go on.  In Jr. High I had a pressure sore on my heel.  That was caused by poor shoe choice on my part.  As I got older I’ve had issues with ingrown nails.  Another big problem for me has been cold feet.  Most recently though I’ve been bothered by sock knots.  Sounds like a strange issue, but when you’ve had a sock knot pressing on your toes for several hours it can be painful.  I try to find socks that are seamless, but that’s not always possible.  I’ve found turning my socks inside out helps.  Any other tips?  Do you guys have foot issues?  Any good solutions I should know about?

halsey-blocher replied 5 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • adnan-hafizovic

January 8, 2019 at 11:15 am

Luckily I haven’t so much problems with feet,but in winter of course i have cold feet and wear one soft socks and woolen socks,so when is winter i wear two pair of socks.

• kevin-schaefer

January 8, 2019 at 11:56 am

I hated the braces as well. I had to wear those in elementary school, and like you said they were a pain.

For me, the biggest thing that has helped me with my feet, in terms of both keeping them warm and comfortable, is wearing soft boots. This one is pretty similar to the pair I have, only my boots have zippers instead of straps: http://oCHjc!CVylq#qhQUqZt7cmuG

I hope this helps. There are soft boots made specifically for women with disabilities as well.

• ryan-berhar-2

January 8, 2019 at 9:57 pm

Mine are pretty sensitive, fortunately, however, I don’t have any real foot problems. I find it key to wear the right socks. Thin material helps me a lot. It’s not as warm, but I just can’t stand thick socks.

• kelly-miller

January 10, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Unfortunately, I can’t wear shoes anymore because my feet won’t fit in any kind of shoe. I started wearing oversized shoes when it got to painful to get my foot inside them, but I can’t even do that anymore. Now, I wear 2 pairs of socks (actually, the outer pair looks like sneakers with laces & everything – I have several different colors) in order to keep my feet warm when I go out.

Just a tip, I use rice inside my bags (uncooked of course!) instead of beans or corn. It seems to hold the temp longer & kind of smells good at the same time. Of course Yvette, Dad would have to still not put the microwave on 11 minutes!

• halsey-blocher

January 10, 2019 at 9:05 pm

My feet are always cold and fuzzy socks are best friends! I also have leg warmers and knitted boots. The boots are made a gal who makes them specifically for people with SMA. I could see if I can find her name again if you’re interested. They are really comfortable and an extra layer of warmth.

• deann-r

January 9, 2019 at 10:55 am

Yvette, I bet that smelled good, ha ha.  Love my microwavable bean bags.  Mine are filled with corn.  Although we haven’t left them in the microwave that long every now & then a kernel pops.