June 10, 2021 at 11:00 am #27262
Hey all! I realized we have a lot of engagement here lately but haven’t had a formal introduction to each other. So I thought today we could change that. I never know what to say about myself when I’m meeting someone new, so I’m going to make this easy. If you’re comfortable, tell us:
- Where you’re from.
- Your age and diagnosis.
- What you like about your disability.
- Dogs or cats?
- Your favorite hobby.
Here are my answers:
- Rhode Island, US
- I’m 30 living with SMA type I
- I like that SMA has taught me to be more empathetic towards others.
- Team dogs all the way.
- I love creating digital illustrations.
June 10, 2021 at 1:38 pm #27272HollyParticipant
1. Virginia, US
2. 23 but i turn 24 in exactly a week. i have a mutated gene. the condition doesn’t have a name because its newly discovered.
3. i love that being disabled has given me a community a an identity that has given me a unique world view
4. dogs. parrots weren’t an option but there awesome too.
5. anything having to do with nature
June 11, 2021 at 3:09 pm #27283
Happy almost birthday Holly!!
June 10, 2021 at 5:39 pm #27277Angela J.Participant
Hi everyone! My name is Angela. Nice to meet you all! 🙂
1. I’m from Michigan, U.S.
2. I’m 18 years old and I have SMA Type II.
3. I like that being disabled has taught me that you shouldn’t judge a person based on their visible strength or abilities. Sometimes disabilities can be very apparent and visible, and other times they are not so visible, but you should never judge or assume things about someone just based off of their health appearance because you don’t know their actual diagnosis.
4. Team cats! 🐱🐈 My big sister has a cat and I absolutely love her! I’ve always loved cats, especially kittens, because they’re so cute and cuddly. But I also really like dogs too, especially Pomeranians and Yorkies! Dogs are a lot of work though, so that’s why I’d say cats are better because they’re more independent, but I’d still love to have a dog someday. I really love animals in general.
5. My favorite hobby is gaming. I game on my iPod touch because it’s small and easy for me to use. My favorite games are Sims Mobile, Love Nikki-Dress UP Queen, Avakin Life, Call of Duty Mobile, Candy Crush & Candy Crush Soda Saga, and Episode.
June 11, 2021 at 3:13 pm #27284
You’re so right about not judging others. SMA has definitely made me more mindful of that as well. Such a great lesson!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.