SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA My Weekly Journal – 09/17 Through 09/23

• My Weekly Journal – 09/17 Through 09/23

Posted by michael-morale on September 23, 2018 at 6:26 pm
    Monday, September 17, Through Sunday, September 23 – I have been ready for the past couple of weeks to get back to a normal schedule, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. While my recovery from pneumonia is going well, I now have an old familiar friend making his way back into my life. This is the kind of friend that you don’t necessarily want, but for those of us that are sedentary and it sit in wheelchairs for the majority of the day, the friend that I am talking about is a common acquaintance in most of our lives. If you haven’t already guessed, I’m talking about kidney stones. I have had surgery for this numerous times in my life and I have a sneaky suspicion that I will be going back into the hospital over the next month or so to remove this ever so common affliction. While the surgery for this is not difficult at all, is just one more thing that I’m having to deal with. Since I know it’s going to be another couple of weeks before I can do anything about this, I’m going to try to get back to a normal pace regarding my weekly activities, especially when it comes to my physical therapy.

I’ve been writing emails back and forth with Laura, and while she’s been extremely patient with me regarding my recovery, I know it’s time that I get back to a normal schedule and start working out. I spoke to one of her student therapist’s the other day and informed them that I would be back on my normal Thursday work out schedule beginning September 27. My first day back, Laura will have to reevaluate me, but this is just a formality so that I could begin my normal schedule with her. As I stated in my journal last week, I miss working out with Laura. Even though my workouts are physically draining, I enjoy working out with Laura because she has such a great attitude and this gives me a chance to get out of the house and break up the monotony of an ordinary week. We will probably have to work out my core muscles for a couple of weeks so that I could regain some of the muscle that I’ve lost over the last couple of weeks due to my illness. I shouldn’t really say that I’ve lost the muscle, I really should say that these muscles are just not as strong as they should be, so by working these muscles for the next couple of weeks, I should be able to get back to where I was before my illness within a short amount of time.

In this week’s video, I’m giving everyone an update with regards to what happened to me when I had to go to the hospital a few weeks ago. I’m going to tell you why I went to the hospital, what they did to me while I was in the hospital and I will also update everyone on my condition after being released. After being released from the hospital, I experienced a substantial loss of muscle tone in my arms, and for three days after being released from the hospital, I believe that a small amount of depression started to affect me. I discuss these feelings along with what I did to regain the muscle strength in my arms and I’m hoping that my experience will help those of you who are experiencing these types of difficulties in your life. Click HERE to view my video.

I hope that all of you have had a fantastic week and I also hope that you do something for yourself this upcoming week that will make you a better person. Thank you again for giving me a few weeks off to recover from my pneumonia and I think you for sticking with me and continuing to not only watch my videos, but to also support my YouTube channel. God bless you, and I’ll see you next Sunday.
    adnan-hafizovic replied 5 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

September 23, 2018 at 7:03 pm

I feel you brother when it comes to kidney stones. I’ve dealt with those nasty things multiple times as well, and they suck. Each time I’ve had them, I’ve been able to pass them on my own fortunately. Hopefully you’ll be able to avoid surgery and get rid of the stones soon.

I’m glad you’re able to get back to PT soon. I hear you about how getting sick takes you out of your routine, and it is very frustrating. Thanks for keeping us updated, and hope you have a great week!

• michael-morale

September 23, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Kidney stones are the male version of birth.

• deann-r

September 24, 2018 at 10:15 am

I know firsthand kidney stones are miserable, but I can only imagine they’re worse for the guys.  Hope everything resolves soon so you can get back to feeling better.

• michael-morale

September 24, 2018 at 12:21 pm

Thanks DeAnn. I would much rather have surgery myself, but they may not give me an option.

• adnan-hafizovic

September 25, 2018 at 10:17 am

you took my mind Michael ,about stones in kidney,a lot of pain.