SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Would You Rather? Would You Rather – Round 6

• Would You Rather – Round 6

Posted by deann-r on May 28, 2021 at 11:00 am

We’ve talked about if we’d rather be hot or cold.  Now let’s talk about our families and caregivers.  Would you rather be comfortable with the thermostat settings yourself or have them be comfortable?  For years I would just go with their preferences, but now that I have my own place I like to be comfortable so keep the settings where I prefer.

dennis-turner replied 3 years, 1 month ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • aimee

May 28, 2021 at 11:51 am

Oh this is good!  My mother in law always keeps her house so cold and I have to adjust the thermostat in the middle of the night so I can sleep!  But when she stays at my house I usually tell her to adjust as needed so that she can sleep!

• tracy-odell

May 28, 2021 at 1:34 pm

When we moved into our house, my husband and I made a formal agreement to keep the thermostat set to 24.5 C (that’s 76.1 F in the US). Yet, I still wear a woven cape most of the time!

• adam

May 28, 2021 at 6:13 pm

My room is a sauna. Rest of the house do whatever temp ya want just don’t expect me there.

I’d rather be warm & alone than cold & social.

• dennis-turner

May 28, 2021 at 10:26 pm

I am always cold, but I just put on extra layers. My wife complains if I wear one of my down jackets inside, sometimes with a puffer vest as well, but ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Electric blanket during the summer?happens.