• COVID Vaccine

Posted by alyssa-silva on December 2, 2020 at 11:17 am

Curious to see who’s planning on taking the vaccine when it becomes available. Will you be first in line, so to speak? Will you wait for others to try it out first? Or are you against it all together?

I’m eager to get it. Of course, I am wary of taking a new drug that was produced at “warp speed.” But I’ve been a guinea pig before, and I’m willing to take that chance again. Would love to hear your input on this.

lupa-f replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • robert-stump

December 2, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Sign me up, I can’t wait.  I even already asked my neurologist if there is any way to get on top of the list when it becomes available 🙂

• deann-r

December 2, 2020 at 2:24 pm

It does feel rushed, but it seems like it could be our only defense.  Especially when folks start resuming activities.  Since I’ve had the virus I’m not as eager to get the vaccine, but I think I’ll still pursue it and urge my caregivers to as well.  I’m pretty sure vaccines have saved my life, so I’m certainly on board if it’s proven to be safe and effective.

• lupa-f

December 3, 2020 at 7:38 am

I’m not in any hurry to get it. I can isolate myself really well compared to other people so I’d rather people who really need it get it first since it’ll be limited in who can get it for a while. And after watching trials for so many SMA and other disease treatments that have issues only come up during phase 3 testing after a year or two (these vaccines have been in phase 3 trials for a few months only), I’m happy to wait longer to see what happens.